Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What is a good wine or champaign to give for the holidays?

Im not a wine drinker so Im just wondering what a good wine or champaign would be to give for the holidays?|||I think a good wine to give is a sweet or dessert wine. For example a muscat, a late harvest or eiswein or ice wine.|||You can't go wrong with Mumms sparkling wine. (It's not the French kind, it's the California kind so it can't be called Champagne) My favorite is the blanc de blancs. And it's very affordable, about $19-$25 depending on where you live and store prices. Happy holidays!|||I'm sure not a gourmet when it comes to wine, so when I find something good, I usually stick with it. I've become a fan of both the Fess Parker and Coppola selections.





If you can find any of Fess Parker's wines, they are excellent and in the $20 range, depending on outlet. Also, the Francis Ford Coppola selection offers some great wines at excellent prices. You won't be embarrassed by giving either of them.|||As a champagne take a real Mac Coy such as Veuve Cliquot Ponsardin Brut (you can find it in Albertsons or Smith's for about 40$ a bottle or around 30 on internet) As a French One, I tested all champagnes and this one is my favorite one for the rapport quality/price, light and bubbly, crispy fresh....... wonderfull! you can check the website in my source for it and look the testimonies below








One of the world鈥檚 favorite Champagnes. Rich, nutty, and complex non-vintage Brut.





From one of the most prestigious Champagne houses, this Brut is the gold standard for non-vintage Champagne year in and year out. Deliciously rich on the nose and palate, with almond croissant and suggestions of Calvados in the aroma and flavor. A fuller-bodied style, creamy and round, with a long, lingering nutty finish. The best Champagne in a recent tasting. Simply superb!





A Customer - Orono, Minnesota


We recently served Veuve Clicquot for our daughter's wedding, and found it to be the PERFECT champagne! It absolutely fills the mouth with the finest of bubbles, and was the clear winner in our wine tasting prior to the wedding, beating out more expensive champagnes. I enjoyed it from toasting 'till midnight, not wanting to switch to wine even with dinner. I've now got two bottles chilling in my refrigerator!





A Customer - Oregon


Wow! I received a bottle of Veuve Clicquote Yellow Label from a vendor as a New Year's gift. All I can say is, "I owe them big-time!" This is an absolutely wonderful champagne. I'll be buying a couple bottles and aging them for next year!





A Customer - California


LOVE IT, I LOVE this champagne. I would never drink any other champagne but Veuve. The aroma, texture, taste is absolutely exhilarating! I also love the fact that it is an affordable luxury. I can not rave enough about this champagne, its simply "perfect."





Nabbott@wine.com - San Francisco


Why pay more? This champagne has it all





A Customer - Port au Prince, Haiti


Drank this by the case for the holidays. LOVE IT! Agree with others that it should be the 'house champagne'. Highly reccommend.





plofgren@gac.edu - Princeton, MN


An absolute classic. This champagne has a reputation the world over for excellence, and it delivers in every sense. Tasting group did have one person who disliked it, but she didn't know the meaning of "Brut," and so her opinion that it was "too dry" is negligible. 90 out of 100.





A Customer - Albuquerque, New Mexico


Simply Superb! Excellent nose, tiny bubbles, wonderful as an aperitif, with desert, on a special occasision or even better, for no reason at all, except to enjoy and savor it. Oh, yes...excellent price point as well.





broker212@yahoo.com - N.Y.C., N.Y.


great stuff, big bang for your buck, clean taste, good texture, nice after taste keeps bringing you back for more. a favotite





A Customer - Tampa, Fl


I never pass up a chance to rave about Veuve (as I call it). We drink a bottle of champagne every Friday night and usually one during the weekend. Veuve is and always will be my favorite. We continue to try new and different champagnes monthly, and I consider myself very knowledgeable about the bubbly, and I can promise you, Veuve will never disappoint you. The only other suggestion I would have would be to try La Grande Dame, the most esquisite of all champagnes. Forget about Dom and Cristal, the Grand Lady is the best. Save it for something special. Serve it cold and often, that's my motto!





A Customer - Chicago, IL


My husband and I were turned onto this champagne a couple of years ago and have used it for every celebration--major or minor--ever since! I am not much of a champagne drinker, but I very much enjoy the refreshing, crisp flavor of Veuve.





Katwoman9@iwon.com - Aurora, Illinois


Veuve is a wonderful champagne that I first tasted last summer in Laguna Beach, California and I was hooked. I received a bottle as a gift from a very special friend and will savor every drop. There is a beautiful memory in every glass.





domjo1@jersey.net - new jersey


Should be your "house" or home CHOICE for CHAMPAGNE!!!





A Customer - a customer


this a true delicate wine. Fabulous, highly recommended





A Customer - Westchester, NY


You'll be hard pressed to find a champagne drinker who has been disappointed by Clicquot. The NV Brut or "yellow label" consistantly offers the best "bang for the buck." That is to say - at a very affordable $30-$35 a bottle, it's hands down the most pleasing choice of bubbly. **A tip to all - if you can muster the strength - let the bottle sit in a basement (or other dark, cool area) for 12-18 months (I realize this means planning ahead)... This champagne is infinitely improved with a little extra aging - it's easily twice as good a year later. You will NOT be disappointed.





A Customer - PALM SPRINGS CALIFORNIA


THIS IS VERY SMOOTH.LOVE TO SERVE IT AT HOME TO FRIENDS,OR BRING TO HOST OF PARTY.YOU SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE EXTRA BOTTLES CHILLED BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO GO QUICKLY. ED TAGGART





tallmanmc@worldnet.att.net - LaGrange Il


I received a bottle from a gentleman as a gift. I was an instant convert! I frequently serve champagne with or instead of desert and Veuve is more interesting and complex than other higher priced wines. It is wonderful but alas the gentleman was not.





A Customer - Los Angeles, CA


This champange is simply the best. It's a sleeper that will wake you up and make you put down Moet and Cristal.





A Customer - Minneapolis, MN


Good smell, good taste. Lots of bubbles. Good overall flavor. It is a good champagne, but nothing fantastic for me. If you want a good champagne from france for decent price this is it, but if you are willing to pay more for better I would do that. Krug Grand Cuvee is fantastic. I'd give Veuve Clicquot a 90 rating.





unvldclaudia@hotmail.com - Midland, Texas


This champagne was a delight from first sip to last. The color is a fine gold and the bubbles so tiny and numerous, you'd think there was glitter in your glass. Palate and nose were both tickled. Can't say anything but good about this champagne!





A Customer - miami, florida


Delicious, classy and goes well with alot of foods. enjoy





A Customer - Seattle, WA


Just plain delicious. An old stand by for me. The perfect gift wine as it is quite affordable, yet distinctive. I have yet to meet someone who doesn't enjoy this one. Buy with confidence:)!!!





pgibson2005@gmail.com - Ohio


What can I say, but it is the best NV champagne on the market today that is all anyone needs to know!!





A Customer - Northern California


The gold standard of non-vintage champagnes.





A Customer - Clayton, Missouri


Hollor at Veuve I Love it





A Customer - Amsterdam, The Netherlands


Living in Amsterdam is the opportunity to have a wide variety of options in eating and drinking some of the best that Europe has to offer. Veuve is the best by far. Whether the event is a major celebration, or a weekend at home, it clearly makes the time special. Smooth with full taste. The Best in Europe.





codyhoneycutt@hotmail.com - Colorado Springs, CO


An excellent choice...I purchased a bottle for New Year's Eve and I was not disappointed. Great taste, wonderful in all aspects. I would surely choose this over most other more expensive bottles. You can't go wrong. I will be getting some more for this New Year's celebration and it will be served at my wedding in the summer.|||Le Piat Dor is a good wine,and it's affordable as well.|||I'm really not either but i tried a white wine called Muscato and it was very good. But it sometimes depends on what you are going to serve your guests. White wine with chicken and red wine with red meat.|||Prosecco is a nice choice. It's good by itself, but also makes wonderful Bellinis. Just chill a pitcher over some ice and stir the Prosecco with white peach puree. It's fabulous!|||Look for Champagne or Sparkling wine that has "Demi Sec" on the label. These are sweeter wines that might pair better with the sweets.





For non sparkling, try a nice Tawny Port, either Quinta do Noval or Warres Otima.





There are also many dessert wines out there, late harvest wines, icewines, etc. But I think that you're better off w/ either the Demi Sec or Port.

No comments:

Post a Comment