Friday, September 23, 2011

Can I substitute red wine vinegar for rice wine vinegar?

I found a recipe online for teriyaki chicken wings and it calls for 1/4 c of rice wine vinegar, I have red wine vinegar. Can I use this instead? Thanks in advance.|||yes you can use it.


Generally, rice wine vinegar is a little less acidic than the red wine vinegar, but it really shouldn't affect the outcome.


Also, rice wine is usually seasoned with a bit of sugar %26amp; salt. so you can add a touch of each if you think it necessary, but it will be fine.|||for the different ....





red wine vinegar = red in colour with the sourness


rice wine vinegar = yellow colour with the sourness





so.. in the teriyaki chicken recepi.. the wine vinegar are use.. just to less the uneasy chicken smell. Nothing to do with the taste.





Yes, u can use red wine vinegar subtitute of rice wine vinegar.|||I wouldn't suggest it. The flavors are totally different.


I would go out and get a small bottle of rice wine vinegar. It's popular in Asian cooking and it's great to have in the pantry.|||Why not ?


you can give it a try and if it comes out good you would have a smile on your face.





I always keep experimenting with recipes and so far I have not suffered any stomach aches :-)|||In that type of recipe it should be fine. Just remember that red wine vinegar is more acidic ( tangy ) than rice wine vinegar. Maybe use just a little less to taste. You can always add a splash more if needed.|||Red wine Vinegar has more acid and a sharper taste,,,,but for chicken wings I think it might be nice to have a little extra zing...

No comments:

Post a Comment