Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What wine should i pair with Chicken Marsala?

I am hosting a dinner party and i am making a chicken marsala and i wanted to pair a nice wine with the meal. The only problem is that i would be pairing a wine with a wine, which could get tricky and result in a pariing that doesn't mesh well. Any suggestions?|||My gut tells me that a dry red would be nice with chicken marsala. I would steer towards a merlot or Italian red blend (Cabernet-merlot or the like). If you have a favorite red wine, it should be fine. Suggestions I have are:





Coppola Rosso Classico


http://www.boxwines.org/articles/coppola鈥?/a>





or





Big House Red


http://www.damngoodwine.com/vino_cadelso鈥?/a>





Both are available at just about every grocery store and wine store.





I am looking up other answers for you in case I'm wrong....





I found that some people choose white wine, but because of the marsala sauce, I wouldn't go that direction.





One menu I found online paired with chianti or a dry/little fruity white:





Chicken Marsala


Braised Chicken Breast with Marsala Wine, Mushrooms, Scallions and Fresh Herbs Suggested Wine Pairing: Vignarco Orvieto Classico or Maritema Chianti|||The whole red wine goes only with red meat and white wine only goes with white meat or fish, just isn't true anymore. I love wine, and I've been in the restaurant bar industry for over 13 years. I watch wine shows and I've gone to many wine tastings. Although I am not an expert, here is my suggestion: Buy whatever wine you want, but being that marsala is made with butter, wine and mushrooms, depending on how you make it, all of those ingredients are rich and earthy. You want a wine that will hold up to the flavor. You can serve the wine that you made the sauce from, or you could get another one! Although, if you're using Marsala wine, I dont suggest serving that, and don't worry, the flavor is not going to be "wine" that they taste in the food. First off, you don't want the food and the wine to clash in your mouth. Meaning, you eat the food and then sip the wine and the wine comes off tangy or not flavorful. Whenit comes to butter made dishes or mushroom made dishes, I would go with a Kendall Jackson, Chardonnay or a BV Coast Pinot Noir. Pinot Noir is a smooth wine and very good for beginners and pairs nicely with many dishes. The Kendall Jackson Chardonnay is aged in oak barrels and is rich. If you aren't an experienced wine drinker, I always tell my guests to take 2 sips befre you judge the wine.. The first sip always wakes up your taste buds. Your mouth will taste everything and sometimes that's why people make that "eww" face on the first sip! Take another sipe, swish it around your mouth and swallow. Then try to appreciate the different tastes on your tongue. Just keep drinkin' wine girl! It's good for the heart and soul! If the dishis light, lik a light, flaky fish, try a light and crisp wine like Santa Margharita Pinot Grigio! It's excellent. Wine's also don't have to be expensive to be good. I drink the fairly inexpensive stuff at home whenI'm by myself, I drink a nice bottle when I'm sharing with friends. Try something new everytime! You'll learn! I made a strange discovery, Sake actually compliments montery jack cheese! Who would've guessed? Hope I helped! Sorry for the long message! Have fun!|||Use a dry chardonnay. Marsala is a 'sweet wine' that is sometimes also served to drink, but it's not used much in the U.S. for that because it's too sweet. A dry chardonnay is 'light' enough that you would still be able to discern all of the 'tastes' in your chicken marsala. Serve the marsala with rice (white or brown) and have some good vegetables ... I'd have sauteed fresh zucchini with it, or some mixed broccoli and cauliflower.|||Even though everybody else suggests red, I say a white. A Chardonnay Semmilon would be lovely, or generally anything medium-dry. White is always perfect with chicken, whatever sauce you've got with it! But, in all honesty, it's better to have both for choice!|||I would suggest a nice red that you are familiar with.|||You get the wonderful flavor of the marsala in the main course and its sauce, but it really doesn't interfere with enjoying a glass of wine with the meal. I personally prefer a chardonnay with chicken, but my brother prefers merlot. I think any wine that you enjoy would be a good pairing!





Enjoy your dinner party. Have reds, whites and blushes available if you're going to have 8 or more people and they can choose whichever one they prefer (for their first glass!).

No comments:

Post a Comment