Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wine???????

For my husbands b-day i want to get a wine bottle but i don't know very much about wine, I am looking for a sweet taste but not to sweet, can anyone help me, and tell me what would be the best sweet but not tooo sweet wine.|||Thanks for the added info. I recommend an Alsation white, such as Pinot Blanc from Trimbach or Wilm. Wines from Alsace are typically slightly off-dry (or, as you say, sweet taste but not too sweet), and very high quality at that price point.|||Thank You. For my husband's b-day we didn't get to the wine, there was a change of plans but i'm still looking forward to try-out what you recommended, I really appreciate you coming back %26amp; re-answering my question. Thank You


XOXOXO:)

Report Abuse


|||There's lots of info on this site-





http://vin-cache.com





http://www.slideshare.net/vinc鈥?/a>

Report Abuse


|||GET A BOTTLE OF SPANISH SHERRY!


Amaroso type or


Olaroso type.|||Get him a Beautiful bottle of Red Wine...Red will go with alot of dishs of cooking..and Its a sweet wine...|||Night Train...if you want a divorce...hahahaha|||A medium dry Riesling (white).





Or





A medium dry Mar茅chal Foch (red).|||You cannot go wrong with a Merlot.|||Depends... will you be drinking it with a dessert or by itself? I don't know where you live, so I don't know what's readily available in your area as far as brand names, but if you want to keep it just slightly sweet, I'd stay away from muscats and sancerres, since they tend to be really sweet. Ask your local wine shop for a drier Reisling (not too dry; there are some that aren't sweet at all, which is fine if that's what you're looking for). Some Gewurtzraminers are also sweet without being cloying, but you'll have to find a wine merchant who has tried them all to tell you which ones aren't overpowering. Another option is a sparkling rose I tried one, by Banfi (I believe it was called something like "Bruscetto d'aqui") which was sweet and luscious and went really well with chocolate, or it was good alone as well.|||There is no one right answer. Like many food and beverages, it is really tough to guess what he might like without more information about him. Does he tend to like stronger, spicier flavors? Maybe he leans red. Or perhaps light and sweet. That sounds more like a white. The varieties of wine are many, though and even within the two broad categories are a world of different flavors.





I suggest you take him out to a winery or wine bar and sample the fare, then buy a couple of bottles of his favorites!|||Merlot|||for a white try riesling or a moscato d' asti. most reds aren't really sweet unless they are a dessert wine. try a red zinfandel, that might do the trick for ya.|||I personally like Columbia Crest Grand Estates Chardonnay. I buy it for myself, I also give it as a gift and I bring it to dinners or parties.





The taste is buttery with a slight pineapple finish. I don't taste any oak at all.





The wine is consistent, I have been drinking it since 2002.





In Los Angeles, I can get it anywhere from $6.99 - $13.99.|||Eroica is a reisling, tastes amazing and costs about 20-28 dollars depending where you buy it, but be sure to buy all wines on the sides, if it was standing when you bought it, the cork might have gone dry, and the drink could have gone rotten

No comments:

Post a Comment