Friday, September 23, 2011

Could I use sparkling red wine instead of normal red wine in a recipe?

I just opened a bottle of red wine that I had lying around and, much to my surprise, it's sparkling. I was going to drink some tonight and use the rest tomorrow in a pasta sauce. Now (and this might sound a little silly) will the fact that the wine is fizzy have any effect on the sauce? I don't want my dinner to taste fizzy!|||It'll be fine. The fizz will cook right out.|||Definitely taste it first to make sure that the wine has turned to vinegar due to the cork being compromised|||No because that sparkling stuff is no more than a wine cooler, it isnt real wine. For cooking you need the real deal...|||do not seal the bottle and the wine will loose its fizz .... sorted .. no problem will be fine for cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment