Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wine.....?

when you drink your wine, what food do you pair it with? aside from the usual cheese and cold cuts..





Btw,I drink wine instead of beer..|||When I drink I sometimes pair it with cigars (port in particular), sometimes with pizza or spagehti (chianti or other light red), sometimes with fish or chicken dishes (any dry white will work), sometimes with steak (cabernet, merlot, zinfandel, southern rhone, granacha, etc.). Sometimes with dessert (sauternes, port, ice wine), sometimes, I might just drink the wine with out pairing it with anything (any good wine!).|||I usually have red wine with red meats such as steak, venison and lamb and white wine with fish, chicken and salads.





I drink rose with curry - odd but I like it!





I don't drink beer either.|||My personal taste would generally agree with Sherlock - but there shouldn't be any "Thou shalt not..." type rules in this area.





If you like it - drink it.





Now the idea of rose with curry does appeal - certainly give that one a try.|||With any kind of pasta dish with cheese i go with a California cabernet sauvignon or merlot for a red wine and for a white i go with chardonnay.|||I only like red or rose wine. I don't really pick the wine to go with the food. It just depends what i'm in the mood for. If i'm having fish and chips and fancy a red wine then that's what i'll have.|||When pairing food and wine, there are no hard and fast rules.





One of the better suggestions is to pair the wine and food using the body of each. For example, a full bodied wine would pair best with rich foods. So a hearty stew would work well with a full Syrah or Cabernet.





Try that and experiment around with different types.

No comments:

Post a Comment