Friday, September 23, 2011

What is the best/cheapest white wine to cook with?

I love pasta with white wine sauce and want to attempt to cook it at home for my husband. I just am completely clueless about wines in general. So if any one has a recipe for a good/cheap white wine sauce or can recommend the correct wine to use it would be very much appreciated.|||Go to your local grocery or discount store to figure out which brand is cheapest. If you want a sweeter white wine, go with a chablis. If you want a drier white wine, go with a chardonnay. For an all purpose taste - not too sweet and not too dry, go with pinot grigio.|||Chablis is Chardonnay!!

Report Abuse


|||When I cook, I use the wine that I will drink so the meal will pair with the wine. If you are using any salty ingredients then use a chardonnay, un-oaked if you can find one. the point is start with a wine you and your husband like and go from there. Better yet ask him to buy the wine, then if he doesn't like the meal, blame the wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment