Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Is it possible to ship a bottle of wine?

I moved from Maine to Indiana, and I'm on my way to california. The question is, Is it possible to ship a bottle of wine. My mother says they won't but for some reason, I don't believe her. She said that it is illegal to ship wine, but yet they have online stores that ship their wine. Is she lying or how can i get my wine back?|||Use this site, and choose your state for the laws.


http://www.ncsla.org/states.htm|||As long as you are shipping something that is your personal property, I see no restriction on mailing that item.





If you were transporting it across state lines for the purpose of selling the wine, then taxation issues become involved.|||Sure...


Get a flight ticket.


Drink the wine...


Pack the empty bottle in your suitcase....


Long way to go without a toilet-call though....|||Wineries will mail your wine where ever you want them to.You will have to call your local postoffice or UPS to check if you can sent it through them.|||package it correctly , wrap it label it and carry to post office...|||yup just send it down the line|||some states do not allow it..|||Your mom is telling the truth. Individuals can not mail alcohol to another person. The online sites you are seeing have liquor licenses and therefore can mail wine. I live in California and would love to mail wine to my friends and relatives, but I can't. I usually mail packages thru a local mail boxes etc. where the owner is a long time acquaintance and he told me that people try to mail wine all the time and they lie about the contents. He said the packages are scanned and they always come back, or worse they get confiscated. You may have to pick up your wine next time you visit her.|||depends on if you're shipping it from state to state or internationally. this is a good website to check out: http://www.hqusareur.army.mil/opm/state.鈥?/a>|||yes|||I believe your mother is correct. Online stores can ship wine to certain states not all states. FedEx will ship from Licensee to Licensee but not in all states.|||It is illegal to ship wine in the US unless you have a liquor license. However, you can ship the wine via UPS or FedEx but you cannot tell them that it is wine. You have to LIE. You also cannot put insurance on it because then you would have to declare what it is.





So your mom is correct. It is illegal, but it can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment