Friday, September 23, 2011

What wine should I pair with a shrimp scampi?

I am making a shrimp scampi and I'm thinking of pairing it with a chardonnay or a sauv blanc. I'm making dinner for someone who doesn't particularly like sweet wine so I need something on the dryer side.


Which would work better and any bottle suggestions under $20 would be much appreciated!|||I'd go with a hearty California Napa Chardonnay, the butteryness of the Chardonnay will match well with the butter of the scampi, and one with nice acidity will complement the shrimp. I'd recommend the Beringer Napa Chardonnay, should run you around $13.00|||i like a good riesling. goes well with shellfish, too.|||Sauvignon Blanc is great, and you should definitely be able to find a nice bottle for around 15$.|||Sauv blanc has too much "grapefruit" flavor.


Chardonnay might be too oaky.


I agree about the Riesling or better yet Vouvray. Very light. You might even want to add a tiny bit to the pan right before you serve...to 'marry" the flavors.|||Viognier. Perfect for shellfish. Fruity, but more in the apple, pear lemongrass profile than tropical fruits, and enough acidity to deal with the buttery scampi. Cline makes a very good one for under $12.





Happy Sipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment