Friday, September 23, 2011

How come wine I just bought is not mentioned on winery's web site?

I just bought a 2004 Novelty Hill Merlot from Columbia Valley.





~harmonious blend of black cherry, raspberry, and mocha flavors comebined with undercurrent of inviting oak.~





I searched their web site wanting to learn more about it, but they only have different wines. Either Merlots from different years, or from a different grape valley. How come? Is my wine rare? How come the one I bought isn't on there?|||This is what I found out about it:





2004 Merlot, Columbia Valley





Despite chunky tannins, this has a level of elegance that makes the raspberry and smoky chocolate flavors sing sweetly.





Lingers nicely on the finish. Drink now through 2012.





A Wine Spectator Rating of 90 means Excellent to Superb.





I have a Red Wine from Washington recently in a high end restaurant in Vegas and it was excellent-enjoy!|||Well even the side bar still has the 2004 listed, but you get the 2005 when you click the link. That tell me they just changed vintages. They're only is so much of one vintage so when they run out they have to go the next year. So while you were able to buy this wine at the store it is probably sold out at the winery. Happens every year.|||Its obviosuly ghetto. throw it away.|||The most likely scenario is that they have discontinued the product. All you need to know should be printed on the label anyways. I doubt that the wine you have purchased is rare, I can guess that it's just not valuable enough to be discussed. People can't post descriptions of every wine available on the planet that would be ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment