Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What kind of white wine to use in baked chicken?

I am making a baked chicken recipe that calls for white wine. I'm assuming I should use dry? Does anyone have a good CHEAP brand to use? And any suggestions for what type of dry wine? Thank you! :)|||For cooking I would suggest something strong, like a really woody Chardonnay. Fortunately there are tons of them out there right now, it shouldn't be hard to find a cheap one. Chenin blanc cooks well also.





I buy my cooking wine from the markdown or discount section when they discontinue it. If nothing is on sale, I buy the cheapest one that isn't Berringer's.|||I would look for "Sauvignon Blanc".





I think Chardonnays are too oaky and when you cook with it will impart strong flavors or become slightly bitter due to the tannins from the oak.|||I know you're supposed to cook with drinking wine but I've had good success with Gallo jug wine.|||Use whatever you would drink|||I purchase a cheaper brand at the liquor store. I have good results with chardonnay.|||It depends on the dish. Many dishes where the chicken is actually baked in a sauce call for a sweeter riesling; some for a sweet Bordeaux like Barsac..|||The best white wine is the one that you drink. If you buy cheap, you get cheap. Just remember the best wine - if you can drink it you can cook with it. chardonnay white is great goes with other foods as well.|||If you wouldn't drink it why cook with it?|||This may seem crazy, but I love the flavor this has provided in many chicken dishes - dry vermouth

No comments:

Post a Comment