Saturday, October 1, 2011

What wine should I bring for dinner tonight?

We are having dinner with friends this evening, and I said I would bring wine. I like to be precise with my choosings, but I've never paired a wine with this specific dish: Spinach and ricotta pasta with red sauce. My gutt is telling me to bring a soft white, but I would love to hear what everyone has to recommend, especially from the wine connoisseurs.





Thank you in advance!|||My gut leads me to red wine because of the red sauce. I would say a nice Chianti or Montepulcciano De Nebbiolo.





Or even a softer Pinot Noir. Inexpensive from California|||Since the sauce is red, I'd bring a red wine. Perhaps a Zinfandel or a Cabernet. Marietta has a nice Zinfandel and an "Old Vine" which is a blend. Also take a look at Bonterra brand (it's organic) or Blackstone for the Cabernet.





Otherwise, you could go with an Italian wine since you're having Italian food. Chianti would be really nice. Look for one in the $12-$15 range and you'll be fine. Ask someone at the wine shop to recommend a nice Chianti for you.|||I would bring a red wine for the meal, Sangiovese, Syrah wines go well with tomato sauces and spinach. These wines are typically dry, and may not appeal to everyone at the dinner. Perhaps bringer a sweeter, white wine as well, a White Zinfandel or Pinot Grigio for those who prefer a white wine.





Best of luck! Have a great meal!|||I would suggest a Reisling. It is a light white wine from Germany. It pairs remarkably well with pasta. Also, even a good bottle can be found for a reasonable price.The brand I prefer is Schmitt Sohne the average price here in Indiana is 11 to 17 dollars. Hope this helps


http://www.schmitt-soehne.com/mainframe.鈥?/a>|||Why not try a Bordeaux wine? They are delicious and very affordable -- and you can find them at any grocery store like Whole Foods or Trader Joes. The Bordeaux website even has a helpful wine pairing tool that can help you figure out which wine to pair with your specific dish!|||Martini and Rossi Asti is a sweet, white sparkling wine. It's not too expensive and I think it would taste wonderful with this dish! Good luck.|||Red wine with meat, white wine with others.|||I would definitely say a white wine in this case. Maybe a Sauvignon Blanc.|||Muscato. soft white, easy to drink|||apple cider|||I would take a Sauvignon blanc or Chenin blanc

No comments:

Post a Comment