Saturday, October 1, 2011

How do you cook pasta in wine?

I heard that you can cook pasta in wine(instead of water) and I thought it sounded tasty... I was wondering if anyone here has made it that way and if so how and what type of wine do you use?|||I might use wine to finish a pasta after it is mostly cooked and as part of the sauce. However..... I hate the thought of wasting 4 bottles of good wine on boiling pasta (or eating pasta that was cooked in lousy cheap wine).





And, if I did undertake this adventure, I would use a light white wine. Red wine might make the plain pasta look an unappetizing blah pink color.|||I've never done or heard of it. If I were to do this though, I'd use a dry red, anything else may make the end product too sweet. Use wine you would sit and drink also, thats a cooks rule actually, "If you won't drink it, don't put it in your food" or something like that. Since you may need a few bottles to cook the pasta, try using half or less of wine and water.|||lol dont cook it with the actual drinking wine! its cooking wine the one u use lol

No comments:

Post a Comment