Saturday, October 1, 2011

What riesling wine comes in a short bottle?

I recently did a wine tasting on a Disney Cruise and one of the wines we tasted was a riesling. It came in a short bottle, not the typical tall bottle you see for wine. I can't remember what it was called though. I think it started with an "M". It was really good and I'd like to remember it so I can buy a bottle.|||I'll follow on with what Chef Paul had to say.





The only half-bottles of Rieslings that I've seen are either Eisweins or the higher end sweetnesses (beerenausleses or trockenbeerenausleses).





Was the win that you had very sweet (or even very, very sweet)? If so, there's a good chance that you had one of these.





However, getting back to the "M." There is a winery called Mosella and there is a large "M" on the label. Could this be the one?





http://mosellawine.com/





If so, then maybe they make a half-bottle that I am unfamiliar with.





Good luck! Rieslings are terrific wines.|||If you were at a wine tasting there's a good chance you tasted a german reisling in a half bottle. Usually the more expensive reislings are available in half bottles. The green bottles are from the Mosel region and the brown bottles are from the Rhine valley. As the price goes up the wine gets sweeter. Kabinet is dry but fruity, Spatlese are a little sweeter and very fruity, Auslese is sweet, beerenauslese is sweeter, and trokenbeerenauslese is the sweetest and like nectar. It would not be unusual to pay $250 for a half bottle of a BA or TBA.


Hope this helped.|||Moscato dAsti is a sparkling sweet wine, similar to Asti Spumante. It's not Reisling.





You know, the bottle could have been simply a single serving bottle, which there are too many to mention... If you could, get on the Disney website and find a contact. Call their Cruise Line office and I'm sure someone could help. If you can't find what you're looking for, here are some great Reislings:





Badger Mountain


Beringer Appelation Collection





Good luck!|||Moscato D'Asti? Its a white wine I think. I thought it was a riesling, but its not. Was it a short blue bottle? If so then this may be it. I love this stuff. You can get it from Sam's Club for sure. I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment