Saturday, October 1, 2011

I wanted to start drinking wine. What is the best wine to start with?

I think I would prefer to drink red wine, because of the health benefits.|||Wine is an acquired taste. I used to be a sales rep for a wine company and this is always what I recommend:


If you're just starting go with a White Zinfandel. This is probably the sweetest wine out there. Then go for a white wine, which is still sweet... but it also has a slightly bitter taste. I recommend a white merlot.


For me personally deep red wines are my favorite but I had to transition into it.


The darker the red the healthier it is for you. This is because the skins of the grapes sit in it for a longer period of time. But the longer the skins sit in, the more sweetness is sucked out of the wine. Play around with it though, everyone is different.|||Try a Menage A Trois made by a California producer called Folie A Deux. It is a red wine with a lot of fruit and just a touch of sweetness, great for a beginner and also only $8 a bottle. Don't touch the white Zinfandel, it may be sweet and easy to start with, but if you really don't want to drink that stuff, it is horribly made.|||Red Wine, in any way!!! (cause if you're start drinking wine you'd probably prefer red or ros茅 than white one). i'd suggest you a "Bordeaux" or another french one from the southwest of france. they are delicious and don't cause that typical "salivary gland pricking" (hope you know what i mean with that ;))) ) when start drinking wine. Try it out! But keep drinking red one until you reached a point you really adore wine and then switch to try out the white one ;) Good luck.|||I don't love Pinot noir. You will really have to taste different types from different vineyards. Merlots tend to be sweeter and smoother. For a good cheap wine I like blackstone. My favorite wine is Jordan's Cabernet, but it is hard to find and not at all cheap.|||An expensive wine is not necessary the best wine. It depends on your taste. Try going to a shop to taste it. I'm sure they are willing to help you choose the best wine for you. =)|||I'm very fond of the Mirassou 2008 Pinot Noir. It's inexpensive at around 8 dollars and tastes wonderful.|||I agree with kim. Pinot noir is the best choice.





And I'll recommend Beaujolais-Village.|||red wines would be cool :-) pinot noir|||the more expensive the better

No comments:

Post a Comment