Saturday, October 1, 2011

Any suggestions for some good wine that isnt very expensive?

I usually get my wine at HEB, and I've had some good wine there, but I dont know very much about the different brands, and which ones are good. I like red wine. It doesnt matter too much what kind it is as long as its good. I like shiraz, merlot, cabernet, etc... I would probably consider inexpensive wine between $5-15. You can suggest some more expensive wines if they are really good though.|||Take a look at wines from South America in general. You can find some incredible values around that price point.





Some specific wines to try based on your described taste:


~Navarro Correas Malbec ($9)


~Casillero del Diablo Carmenere ($8)


~Concha y Toro is a conglomerate that has a lot of good wines around this price point.





There's a host of others out there to try. Take a look at Alamos (Catena's second label). Their Malbec, while not earth shattering or life changing, is a rich, robust red for about 8 bucks!|||Barefoot Wines makes excellent varieties of Pinot Grigio for a cold light crispy dry wine or Cabernet Sauvignon or Red ZInfindel for a bolder full body red... Available at TJ or local supermarkets for about $5.99 a bottle.|||We were introduced to Benzinger wines while on a cruise to the Caribbean. Hubby loves the merlot! It's approximately $22 a bottle here in the southern part of the U.S.|||One of my favorites is the 2006 Fiole de Pape by Chateau Neuf. Though usually anything from the Rh么ne region in France is excellent.|||My favorite cheap wine is called "*****" lol. Its a really light Shiraz, I got it at Spec's. But it really is my favorite out of all red wines in your price range.|||Concha y Toro Merlot





It is a very nice,inexpensive Chilean wine.








http://www.conchaytorousa.com|||A really good affordable wine is La Cuvee - Mythique. It usually goes for around $13.99, but it has a great taste.|||Trader Joes "Charles Shaw" also called 2 buck chuck. Its great wine, has won awards and is only $1.99|||2 Buck Chuck aka Charles Schwa





Only at Trader Joe's.|||BUDWEISER|||There is really good home-grown that is made right outside of Knoxville, IA.....try it, It rox my sox|||go to the liquor store

No comments:

Post a Comment